It is highly recommended, as an adoption doula, to purchase the Adoption Doula Handbook. This easy-to-download handbook contains information on the following important subjects:
- differences and similarities in approach, when your client is the birth mother or the adopting family.
- cooperating with established members of the adoption team.
- establishing a trusting relationship with your client, whether that is the birth mother or the adopting family.
- providing adoption-specific birth education, tailored to the needs of the birth mother.
- providing adoption-specific birth education, tailored to the needs of the adopting family.
- navigating the unique circumstances in any newborn adoption situation.
- how to provide support to either the adopting family or the birth mother when the birth mother changes to a parenting plan.
- postpartum support to the birth mother after she has decided on a parenting or an adoption plan.
- postpartum support to the adopting family after the birth mother has decided on a parenting or an adoption plan.
- establishing appropriate fees and information on compensation.
Get Your Adoption Doula Handbook!
The Adoption Doula Handbook is only $17. Adoption doulas who list their services who have also purchased this important handbook will have an asterisk (*) before their name, to mark that they have this excellent information to provide for their clients.
Adoption Doulas, join our free group!
If you are a prospective, novice or even seasoned adoption doula: if you’re interested in or desiring to prepare to support families in the transition of fostering or adoption, you can now join our free social group for Adoption Doula Conversations.
When you do invest in the SBD Adoption Doula certification, you’ll then be able to join our alumni group, for more advanced and comprehensive support in our network.